Yes, Afrihost can help you register a domain and host your emails which can all be easily managed via cPanel.
To sign up for hosting
- Visit the Afrihost website - www.afrihost.com
- Select hosting
- Select linux or windows shared web hosting
- Select the package you want and click 'SIGN UP NOW'
- This will take you to Afrihost client zone, confirm all details are correct
- Proceed to next step
- If you are an exisiting Afrihost client enter your current client zone details
- if you are a new Afrihost client please create a new account
- Login and proceed to next step
- Select the type of domain
- New domain - if this is a new sign up
- Transfer domain - if you are transferring an existing site
- Self managed - if you wish to manage the yourself, Afrihost is not responsible for renewals or DNS managment etc.
- Now enter your Domain name
- There you will see the pro-rata rate you will pay for that months and the full payment thereafter monthly.
- Proceed to final step
- Fill in your payment details
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Select Complete order
When this is completed you will be sent a welcome mail.
The mail will contain your login details to your client zone and cPanel login details so you can manage your domain.
These will include your FTP details so you may upload your domain to the public_html folder in your cPanel.
To upload files via cPanel
- Go to your Afrihost client zone (https://clientzone.afrihost.com)
- Select hosting
- Select the hosted product you wish to upload to
- Select cPanel
- In cPanel select File manager
- Select Web Root (public_html/www).
- Select Upload at the top of the page
- This will take you to a new page where you need to click on "choose file".
- Select the file you wish to upload.
To create an email address for your domain, follow these steps:
Client zone login: https://clientzone.afrihost.com
If you require further assistance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Afrihost support on 011 612-7200
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com