Please follow these steps to change your router password:
Make sure you're connected to the internet
- You need to access your router to change the password
The quickest way to access your modem is through a web browser, eg: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Most routers/modems come with a manual specifying the IP address of the device allowing you to connect to it.
Most routers use IP address:
but it's best to check the manual to be sure.
- Open a new web browser window.
In the address bar, type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter.
- Select Change Wireless Password in the right hand menu. Or select Wireless settings, Setup or Wireless depending on your router type.
- Enter the default router settings username and password in lowercase.
Password: admin or password
If these login details don’t work you’ll need to reset your router.
- Enter the new Network Key (NEW wireless password) you want to use.
- Select Apply to save your new settings.
Reconnect all your devices using your new wireless password.
If you require further assistance please email: email@example.com
or contact Afrihost support on 011 612-7200
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com