Yes, If you move over to fiber you will no longer need a Telkom line to get internet however you will need to keep it if you still wish to have a voice land line number.
Firstly go to our website and see if fibre is available in your area
If it is available in your area you can sign up online.
Yes, you will be able to use VOIP on the fibre line however unfortunately Afrihost do not offer VOIP.
To sign up for a fiber package
- Please go to our website, https://www.afrihost.com/landing/fiber/
- Enter your address in the fiber coverage map, and it will let you know whether you have fiber in your area and who installed the fiber in your area.
- You can then proceed
- Select the Fiber provider in your area
- Select the Fiber package you want (Home, Business or Premium)
- Select the fiber line speed
- Select 'Sign Up'
- Fill in all your details and move to the next step
- Confirm the payment details
We have partnered with the following vendors and various other fiber providers at launch to ensure expansive fiber coverage.:
- Century City Connect (Cape town),
- Frogfoot (Gauteng and Western Cape),
- Mitsol (Durban),
- MetroFibre Networx(MFN) (Johannesburg),
- Octotel (Cape Town),
- Openserve (Nationwide),
- SA Digital Village (SADV) (Nationwide),
- TT Connect (East Rand),
- Vumatel (Johannesburg and Cape Town).
Fiber is provided on a neighborhood level not on an individual level. You should know who the provider is in your area as they would have already started trenching and promoting themselves in the area. If you need more interest in your area, please speak to a community leader to get others interested which will lead to fiber being put in your area sooner. Afrihost only provides the connection to that fiber line as well as the data when you sign up.
Just like our DSL Packages, each Fiber package has a Home, Business, and Premium option. These options are priced according to the line speed and relevant fiber partner. Lead time for installation is going to depend on the provider but once everything is up and running, clients will be connected with us within 24 hours.
To view the different fiber packages that we offer, please visit the link below,
If you require further assistance please email: email@example.com
or contact Afrihost support on 011 612-7200
or via live chat support on our website
alternatively you may request a call back by smsing the word 'help' to 32541