One you have created a database, you can access it via the web administration panel.
- Login to cPanel.
- There will be an icon for phpMyAdmin in the Databases section. This will take you to phpMyAdmin.
- The list of available databases will be listed on the left hand side once you get into phpMyAdmin.
INSTRUCTIONS ON EXPORTING THE DATABASE
- Go to an existing database in phpMyAdmin.
- Click Export at the top.
- Leave the settings as they are, click the "Save as file" checkbox and click Go.
- This will download a .sql file to your computer.
If you would like to upload your content you can do the following:
You can upload you web page in a number of ways. There are also a number of software applications that help in the upload / publish process.
Some FTP clients that aid in the transfer of files:
- Windows Explorer
FTP clients are very effective in transferring files to and from the server.
You can view the videos for some of them on http://support.afrihost.com/videotutorials.php
The details required for the FileZilla required fields would have been sent to you when you signed up for your domain initially. The hostname will be your chosen domain name and the username and password will be the FTP Username and Password that was included in the mail.
With FileZilla if you leave the port field blank it will choose the default FTP port of 21. If you're in doubt feel free to call Afrihost support for
Also you can log into cpanel click on file manager:
To upload files in File Manager:
- Navigate to the folder where you want to upload your files.