Please note installation of a fibre line can take up to 8 weeks depending on the fibre provider in your area.
As per our website each provider has a different lead time for installation and activation.
Once the line has been installed in your premises it can take up to 5 days for the provider to activate your line.
These Installation lead times are a guide based on actual averages and will vary.
Please take note that they differ, provider to provider, area to area, and other factors, such as body corps, weather, etc
If you have signed up with Afrihost to provide you with the fibre data, a router will be sent to you shortly, and you can connect once the line is active.
Please ensure you have a WAN enable router and follow the steps below to get connected.
1. Connect the ethernet cable from LAN Port 1 on the CPE/ONT device (device that has been mounted on the wall) into the WAN/Internet port on your Afrihost fibre router.
You can then connect to the routers wireless network (the 2.5gHz or 5gHz one) and the password will be written on a sticker underneath it.
Or alternatively connect the device using an Ethernet (LAN cable) into any one of the 4 ports on it.
2. Once done do the following:
* At the top of your Internet browser type 192.168.0.1 and press enter.
* It will ask for a username which will be 'admin' and leave the password field empty and then click 'Login'
* Click 'Internet' and then 'Internet Connection Setup Wizard'
* It will say 'Welcome to the D-Link Internet Connection Setup Wizard' - just click 'Next'
* Set any password you want (this will be the one to login to your routers menu) and then click 'Next'
* Set the Timezone as 'GMT : 02:00 Harare, Pretoria' and click 'Next'
* Choose 'Username / Password Connection (PPPoe)' and click 'Next' and then enter your Afrihost ones below.
*Finally click on the 'Connect' button and you should be online in about 2 hours as they Telkom system then updates.
-- As a side note if you wish to change your wireless network settings please see below:
* On the routers main page click 'Wireless settings' and then 'Wireless Connection Setup'
* Under the Network Name (SSID) change the name(s) to whatever you want it to be.
* Also make sure you choose 'Manually Assign a Network Key' and click 'Next'
* Make up any password you want for you network under 'Wireless Security Password' and click 'Next'
* It will then take you to a summary page and just click 'Save'
The settings will take a short while to save and then you will be connected.
If you require further assistance please email: email@example.com
or contact Afrihost support on 011 612-7200
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com