To get your number back, you will need to do a sim swop.
To do a sim swap you need to purchase a new sim card either from Afrihost or MTN. Please note that if you purchase you sim card from MTN it may expire after 90 days if you haven't loaded MTN airtime within that 90 days.
Please follow the steps below to do the simswop:
1. Buy an MTN PayAsYouGo starter pack.
2. Please RICA the new SIM card before continuing.
3. Insert the new SIM into your current (or new) device. On older SIM cards, if prompted with a menu on first power up of your device, select “Get a new number” (ignore any other options)
4. Activate the new SIM card on the MTN network by dialing *141#.
5. Once the new SIM card has been RICA’d and activated (by performing step 2 and 4 above), please dial *173*3# on the NEW SIM to start the SIM swap process. Alternatively, you may dial *173# and select option 3 to start the SIM swap process.
6. After performing step 5 above, you will be prompted to enter the cellphone number for which you are doing the SIM swap and the reason for the doing the SIM swap. The cellphone number you doing the SIM swap for is your old number (NOT the new number from step 1 above).
7. Once step 6 has been completed you will be sent an SMS containing the steps you need to take in order to complete the SIM swap. Note that at this stage you will have to answer a set of security questions in order to continue with the SIM swap. You will have 3 minutes to answer all the questions. The questions will focus around the following topics:
What your most dialed numbers are (if you do call people);
What your last recharge amount was;
What price plan your old number was on;
What your most frequently SMS’d number was (if you do SMS people);
What your last airtime balance was;
What average amount of airtime you use per month; and
How long you have been using your old number for.
Note that whilst answering the questions, you may skip some of the above questions if you don’t know (or have the answer) to the specific question. All questions above will be related to your old number.
8. Once your answers are validated, you will be sent an SMS to let you know if the SIM swap was successful. If you experience any issues, please dial 173 for further assistance.
If you require further assistance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Afrihost support on 011 612-7200
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com