Afrihost has a various ADSL packages to suit your needs and line speed.
Please go to the Afrihost website to view these packages
These packages range between capped and uncapped ADSL, either Home, Premium or Business packages.
The package you choose will depend on the line speed you have.
If you wish to get an ADSL connection there are a few things you need to ensure first:
You must have a post - paid / excon (no contract) Telkom voice line installed before you can use Afrihost's services.
Please be sure you do not sign up for a contract with Telkom or any other service provider
You could either choose to get the ADSL and voice line installed directly through Telkom or get the ADSL line installed by Afrihost (this takes 14-30 working day waiting period).
You then need to decide if you wish to leave the line with Telkom and only get data through Afrihost, or you can move the line to Afrihost, for Afrihost to manage both your line and data.
To sign up for Afrihost ADSL line management
- Existing Afrihost clients will have to request this via Client Zone.
- My Telkom Lines tab
- Order ADSL line link.
- New clients will need to sign up via our website:
Please proceed to www.afrihost.com.
1) Click on ADSL > ADSL lines tab
2) Proceed with sign up
3) Order ADSL line (Either new ADSL line or transfer of existing ADSL line from Telkom)
4) Complete the sign up (Billing details, contact details etc...)
We will then process your order.
Please note that you will be charged a pro-rata billing when your line has been transferred to us, this process usually takes 10-14 days and your line does not go off in the process.
When signing up with Afrihost please specify that it is a new convert or migrate in from another ISP and we will ensure it is activated on your side so you are able to use data.
Afrihost does not charge for the migration from Telkom. Your costs will be the monthly line rental that will be paid to Afrihost.
If you receive a charge from Telkom for your line, they should issue a refund after you are successfully transferred.
If you have any existing products (Data packages etc…) with Telkom and would like these canceled, you will need to carry this out directly with Telkom.
Please note that you are still liable to pay Telkom for the Voice Line Rental, monthly, as per Telkom's terms and conditions for voice line rental.
You can choose between Capped or Uncapped DSL either Home, Premium or Business packages.
Please follow the link for uncapped bundled packaged
Please follow the link for capped bundled packages
Please follow the link for uncapped only packages
Please follow the link for capped only packages
There is a lot of choice you will need to have a look and see what option best suit your ADSL needs and line speed.
Once you have decided then you can sign up.
To sign up for ADSL online follow these steps:
1. Go to our site: www.afrihost.com
2. Hover the mouse over the menu item "DSL Broadband"
3. When the menu pops up, select "Capped DSL" or "Uncapped DSL" or "Capped DSL Bundles" or "Uncapped DSL Bundles"
4. Scroll down until you see the packages available. Click on the arrows right or left to move between the various packages.
5. Select your package and click on the "Sign up Now!" button
6. Complete the steps that follow and check out.
If you require further assistance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Afrihost support on 011 612-7200
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com