As you have an MTN sim card it will auto revert back to the MTN APN settings.
To use Afrihost mobile data you need an Afrihost SIM card and then you can change the settings to the Afrihost APN.
You can sign up for one of these amazing mobile packages below
Mobile Pre-Paid Packages (select your own airtime & data)
Mobile Data ONLY packages
Mobile Package (predefined airtime and data plans)
Set up the APN Internet - Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace
1. Before you start
This guide will show you how to set up the Internet on your phone either by resetting your phone to default Internet settings or by setting up the network manually.
2. Select Apps
3. Select Settings
4. Scroll to and select More networks
5. Select Mobile networks
6. Select Access Point Names
7. Select the Menu button at the top right (three dots)
8. Select Reset to default
9. Select OK
Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. Network problems should be solved at this point.
Remember to turn off your Wi-Fi before testing. Please continue the guide if you still cannot go online.
10. Select the + (add) at the top to create a new APN
11. Enter Internet information
Afrihost APN Settings:
(Important: Ensure there is NO space before or after afrihost and must be all lower case.)
12. Scroll down and enter under-
APN Type: default,supl
13. Select the Menu button at the top right (three dots)
14. Select Save
15. Select the new Internet access point you have just created.
Your internet should now be set up correctly on your mobile device.
If you require further assistance,
please send a message to our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
or visit our Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com