We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this,
To activate your fibre please follow the steps below:
Once the CPE box is installed in your home, you will need a WAN enabled router to get connected
1. Connect the ethernet cable from LAN Port 1 on the CPE/ONT device (the device that has been mounted on the wall) into the WAN/Internet port on your Afrihost fibre router.
Ensure CPE (client premises equipment ) is powered up and lights are showing on the device.
2. Then connect a LAN/ Ethernet cable from a WAN port on your fibre router to your computer
OR connect wirelessly to the router's network (the 2.5gHz or 5gHz one) and the password will be written on a sticker underneath it.
3. The ethernet "LINK" light must show on the CPE and the WAN port of your router
- If the link light is present, it means that your fibre router is powered up correctly.
You will then be able to connect to the internet at 10Mbps for 2 hours in order to activate your fibre account.
Once connected to the CPE you will automatically be redirected to the Fibre Activation page to activate your account,
If not please go to this link: https://clientzone.afrihost.com/fibre-activate/#/
Once activated, do the following to set up your router:
* At the top of your Internet browser type 192.168.0.1 and press enter.
* It will ask for a username which will be 'admin' and leave the password field empty and then click 'Login'
* Click 'Internet' and then 'Internet Connection Setup Wizard'
* It will say 'Welcome to the D-Link Internet Connection Setup Wizard' - just click 'Next'
* Set any password you want (this will be the one to login to your router's menu) and then click 'Next'
* Set the Timezone as 'GMT : 02:00 Harare, Pretoria' and click 'Next'
* Choose 'Username / Password Connection (PPPoE)' and click 'Next' and then enter your Afrihost ones below.
*Finally click on the 'Connect' button and you should be online in about 2 hours as the system then updates.
- As a side note if you wish to change your wireless network settings please see below:
* On the routers main page click 'Wireless settings' and then 'Wireless Connection Setup'
* Under the Network Name (SSID) change the name(s) to whatever you want it to be.
* Also make sure you choose 'Manually Assign a Network Key' and click 'Next'
* Make up any password you want for your network under 'Wireless Security Password' and click 'Next'
* It will then take you to a summary page and just click 'Save'
The settings will take a short while to save and then you will be connected
If you require further assistance, please
send a message to our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
or visit our Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com