Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.
If you are having problems with sending and receiving mail, please check the following:
1. Do you have internet connectivity?
If you cannot browse any websites, then you will not be able to send or receive mail. This may be an issue with your Internet Service Provider or on your ADSL/ Fibre line.
2. Check your incoming and outgoing mail server settings.(http://www.afrihost.com/site/page/email_configuration_settings)
If you are using a domain hosted email, the settings should be:
- Incoming: mail.yourdomainname.co.za (please use your domain name)
- Outgoing: mail.yourdomainname.co.za
If you are using a free email account, the settings should be:
- Incoming: dslmail.afrihost.co.za
- Outgoing: smtp.afrihost.co.za or smtp.mtnbusiness.co.za
3. Are you able to send or receive mails via webmail?
- For domain accounts type: mail.yourdomainname.co.za/webmail or www.yourdomainname.co.za/webmail into your web browser.
Type in your email address and password when prompted and try sending and receiving mails.
- For free accounts, type http://dslmail.afrihost.co.za in your web browser and enter your email address and password when prompted.
If you require further assistance, please
send a message to our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
or visit our Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com