Good Day Nishai,
Once you have received your Fixed LTE Wireless device, check the package contents.
- 1 x LTE-A Router.
- 1 x Power Supply.
- 1 x LTE-A SIM Card (Pre-inserted in the router)
Connect the power cable into the device and plug into a power outlet.
Connect your PC or laptop to the device. The device has been pre-configured with the Wi-Fi settings for you. The Wi-Fi name and password can be found on the Afrihost welcome letter within the box.
Your router comes preconfigured with the APN and Wi-Fi settings, however in the event that you need to reset and reconfigure the router please follow the below steps:
How to configure your Huawei Fixed LTE Device
- Connect to your router via LAN cable or Wi-Fi.
- Open your internet browser.
- Enter 192.168.8.1 into the search bar and hit enter to search.
- Select ‘Settings’ on the left-hand side.
- Enter the default username name and password.
- Select ‘Dial-Up’ option.
- Select ‘Profile Management’.
- Select ‘New Profile’ and enter the following details:
- Profile Name: Afrihost
Username and Password: Leave these blank
IP Type: IPv4
APN: ws.afrihost.fwa (all lower case, no spaces)
- Select the new profile you have created.
- Click Save and Apply.
For further more information on how to setup your Fixed LTE wireless device, please follow the link below to our Help Centre:
If you require further assistance,
please send a message to our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
WhatsApp Help is available from 07h00 - 20h00 Monday - Friday
or visit our Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com