To change the router's details and password, you can either reset the router to its default settings but pressing and holding the reset button found under the router for 10 second while switched on or you can set the details to details of your choice by doing the following:
Make sure you're connected to the internet
You need to access your router to change the password
The quickest way to access your modem is through a web browser, eg: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Most routers/modems come with a manual specifying the IP address of the device allowing you to connect to it.
Most routers use IP address:
but it's best to check the manual to be sure.
- Open a new web browser window.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter.
- Select Change Wireless Password in the right-hand menu. Or select Wireless settings, Setup or Wireless depending on your router type.
- Enter the default router settings username and password in lowercase.
Password: admin or password
If these login details don’t work you’ll need to reset your router.
- Enter the new Network Key (NEW wireless password) you want to use.
- Select Apply to save your new settings.
- Reconnect all your devices using your new wireless password.
If you require further assistance,
please send a message to our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
WhatsApp Help is available from 07h00 - 20h00 Monday - Friday
or visit our Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com