If you have reset your router by pressing and holding the reset button underneath the router this means that all pre-configured information has been reset to factory default settings.
You will need to log into the router to change these details to an SSID and Password of your choice.
How to log into a router
Follow the steps below to log into your router.
- Locate your routers IP address at the bottom of the router or check the manual.
- Open your internet browser. (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)
- Enter your router IP address in the search bar (example: 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2)
- You will be prompted to enter the username and password to log into the router, usually, admin or password.
How to change your router SSID/Network Name & Wi-Fi password
- Log in to the router.
- Open your Internet browser and type: http://192.168.0.1 (The IP address of the router can be found on the sticker underneath the router)
- Enter the administrator password, then click ‘Connect’.
- Click ‘Wireless settings’ on the left-hand side.
- Select ‘Wireless Network Assistant’.
- Select to Manually change the network name.
- Enter your network name in the SSID network field.
- Select Manually Assign a Network Key password.
- Click ‘next’.
- Type the desired password for the Wi-Fi network in the space provided.
- Click ‘next’.
- This will take you to a summary page of your new Wi-Fi settings.
- Click ‘next’ to save settings.
If you require further assistance,
please send a message to our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
WhatsApp Help is available from 07h00 - 20h00 Monday - Friday
or visit our Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/
or see our FAQ page: http://faq.afrihost.com