No Fibre internet access ?, Please find our helpful article with common issues and tips to resolve https://help.afrihost.com/topic/fibre-broadband/no-fibre-internet-access
Please also consult our Network Status page to check if there is a network outage in your area affecting your connectivity.
- Check if the internet/status/broadband light (depending on the vendor) is lit on the ONT device. If they are not on, you will need to contact our support team to log a fault.
- Please kindly ensure that there is no possible damage or Microbend to the patch lead cable that is connecting from the fibre termination box to your ONT device. Microbends can cause an increased attenuation loss on the optical fibre.
- Ensure that all cables are firmly connected.
- Please ensure that the ethernet cable connecting from ONT to Router is not damaged .
- Perform a power cycle on your devices (Router and ONT). Disconnect both router and ONT from the power supply
- Wait 5 minutes for the internal cache to clear.
- Reconnect all devices to power once the 5 minutes have elapsed.
- Once this has been completed, Please test the connectivity
If all else fails, submit a support ticket in clientzone > How to log a Support Request https://help.afrihost.com/topic/clientzone/how-to-log-a-support-request.
Should you need further assistance, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com or contact us on our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com WhatsApp Help is available from 07h00 - 20h00 Monday - Friday & 07h00 - 18h00 Saturday - Sunday
Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/