Please do accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.We understand that slow internet speeds can be very frustrating but we need to do some tests to understand where the problem may be.
Different factors can affect your fibre speeds (This can be router's configuration with possible outdated firmware, crowded channels, cable connection and the positioning of the router) Slow Fibre speeds
To regain optimal connection, please try one of the following steps.
1. Cable Connection
- Please kindly ensure that there is no possible damage or Microbend to the patch lead cable that is connecting from the fibre termination box to your ONT device. Microbends can cause an increased attenuation loss on the optical fibre.
- Ensure that all cables are firmly connected.
- Please ensure that the ethernet cable connecting from ONT to Router is not damaged and that it is a Cat 5/6 LAN cable
2. Router's location
3.Switch to a different WiFi channel on your router
Afrihost provides routers that support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies. so it can seamlessly roam to the frequency that is strongest at your current location.
5Ghz Wi-Fi allows for faster throughput, and if your network design allows for comprehensive 5Ghz coverage, your devices may favour the 5Ghz frequency and stay connected to it, and that is good. so depending on how the wavelength reacts, your connection might be favourable for 2.4Ghz (2.4Ghz travels farther outdoors or where there are many walls and obstructions), and your devices may connect to that frequency instead of 5Ghz. As long as your router's positioning is good, your devices should choose the best frequency for different circumstances.
4. Power-Cycle and speed test
- Perform a power cycle on your devices (Router and ONT). Disconnect both router and ONT from the power supply
- Wait 5 minutes for the internal cache to clear.
- Reconnect all devices to power once the 5 minutes has elasped.
- Once this has been completed,
- Connect a computer directly to the router via cable. and go to https://speedtest.net.to perform a speed test. please find a helpful link on How to perform a speed test https://help.afrihost.com/topic/fibre-broadband/how-to-perform-a-speedtest
If the issue persists, please take screenshots of the speed test results and send them to email@example.com so that Afrihost can analyse the data and log a fault on your behalf if required.
Should you need further assistance,
please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us on our WhatsApp helpline: https://whatsapp.afrihost.com
WhatsApp Help is available from 07h00 - 20h00 Monday - Friday & 07h00 - 18h00 Saturday - Sunday.
or give us a call on our toll-free number 0800 011 000, available from 08h00 - 17h00 Monday - Friday.
Help Centre: https://help.afrihost.com/