Cron jobs are scheduled tasks that take place at predefined times or intervals on the server. Often, a cron job is a series of simple tasks that the server executes from a script file.
Be careful when you schedule cron jobs. If you set them to run too often, they may slow down your server.
What is a Cron job?
• Cron is a time-based job scheduler.
• It’s most commonly used to automate system maintenance or administration.
• Cron enables users to schedule jobs to run periodically at certain times or dates.
• This can be a one-time task or can be executed repeatedly.
These are some commands for Crontabs:
• crontab –e Edit your Crontab file, or create one if it doesn’t already exist
• crontab –l Display your Crontab file
• crontab –r Remove your Crontab file
• crontab –v Display the last time you edited your Crontab file