Below is the steps you would normally follow to transfer your domain from one host to another.
1. First find out what the cancellation procedure is with the current host.
2. Ask current host for website/email backups, if needed. A full backup is sometimes called a cpmove file, you can also request for one of these.
3. Signup for the package of you choice on our side, http://afrihost.com
, during signup select the transfer option (Not new registration or Self Manage)
4. We will submit the transfer request.
5. You can provide us with the backups so we can assist with moving the content for the emails/website to our server.
6. The transfer request is accepted.
7. People view website that is now on our server.
To transfer your domain away from Afrihost you will need to follow the steps listed below:
1. Cancel your hosting package in the clientzone and mention the name of the hosting company you are transferring to when you are asked. (Please note we don't accept emails as confirmations for cancellations.)
2. Contact our accounts department on 011 612 7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to authorize the transfer away of your domain. Please ensure that you have settled all outstanding payments with our accounts department so that they may authorize the domain to transfer away.
3. After you have done all of the above you can send the transfer request and our system will automatically accept the transfer ticket or it will be sent directly to you for co.za domains. For international domains you will need to let us know so that we can unlock your domain and send you the auth code.
You will get all your backups in cPanel for both website and emails with Linux hosting and with Windows you need to make your own website backup. Emails run on a Linux server for both Linux and Windows. You will get cPanel acceas on Windows as well.