Account divert

+2 votes
Hi Team I am flying abroad and will only be back in 6 months so I won't be able to use my data, I don't want to cancel my subscription but would rather convert to my husbands number. Would this be possible?
asked May 15, 2016 in ADSL by Rene

1 Answer

0 votes
If your SIM card is not active on the network for a few months (three?) then it gets permanently forgotten by MTN.  The only way this doesn't happen is if you are on contract - ie. not prepaid, or someone goes to the trouble of making a call to keep it alive.  Afrihost will let you suspend the service, but if you intend to use the number when you return, you'll have to have someone babysit it!
answered May 20, 2016 by Bananaman (5,390 points)